Equity Crowdfunding 101-Your step by step guide
What is Equity Crowdfunding? In a nutshell, crowdfunding is a new capital-raising tool that’s more engaging and transparent than going through traditional venture capital firms. Equity crowdfunding is for entrepreneurs, businesses or startups looking to raise capital in the early stages of their business. Equity crowdfunding is set up so that a company can exchange shares for investment from the general public. This means the company’s core crowd becomes shareholders and ambassadors in the company.
What are the benefits of crowdfunding for the investor?
- Crowdfunding reduces costs for the investor – the crowdfunding platform reduces search costs and transaction costs, which allows for higher participation for individual investors in the market. Many individual investors would otherwise have a hard time investing in early-stage companies because of the difficulty of identifying a company directly and the high cost of going through a professional venture capital firm.
- Crowdfunding opens up more markets and opportunities to individual investors, they might not otherwise have had access to.
- Crowdfunding allows individual investors to be a part of the community of the company they invest in. This can bring opportunities for them to take part in brand focus groups, surveys, new product exploration ideas as well as becoming brand advocates for the company.
Pledging to an equity campaign is an investment, not a donation
- Equity crowdfunding has been legal in New Zealand and Australia for less than a decade. It’s very new compared to more traditional avenues of funding, which is why there can be a lot of misconceptions and myths related to it.
- Even though most equity campaigners have a social or environmental impact at their core, supporting equity crowdfunding campaigns is not a donation, but an investment. You’re buying something of value that could increase in value or be sold over time.
- Of course, there are risks involved, but each equity crowdfunding offer will come with a warning statement as well as all the information you will need to make an informed choice, make sure to read through all information provided carefully and seek independent financial advice if there is anything you don’t understand.
How do I Invest In Organic Genetics Equity Raise?
Register your details as an investor with PledgeMe. You can do this here. Once registered, you’ll be faced with the risks of investment, the disclosure statement, and the investor terms and conditions. You must confirm that you are ok with each agreement.
On our campaign page here you’ll find our Information Memorandum to read through. This contains everything you need to know about investing in Organic Genetics, including the Organic Genetics valuation, our price per share, what you are investing in, and how you will be rewarded for your investment.
Once you’ve logged into our campaign page and read through all the details, you are now ready to make your pledge to invest. Make your pledge using the ‘Make a Pledge’ button. It’s then as simple as entering your investment amount and it will calculate the number of shares you are purchasing.
Next, confirm your payment method (Direct Deposit or Credit Card), Please note you will only be required to make payment after our campaign meets its minimum target goal and your identity has been verified. If the goal is not met by the deadline, you will not be charged.
Lastly, if you have any questions about crowdfunding in general, PledgeMe has a great FAQ page that you can access here otherwise we welcome your questions on our campaign page.
Does Organic Genetics offer any rewards for its shareholders?
Yes, we do! Organic Genetics loves to reward its community. Below you will find our reward packages for each level of investment. Which level will you fit into?
Seed Investor $250-$4,999
- Seed Investors will receive an invite to annual investor evenings hosted by the Organic Genetics team. This will be a great opportunity to learn about our latest developments and industry updates, meet the team in person, and network with the rest of the OG community over light refreshments.
Sprout Investor $5,000- $49,999
- Sprout Investors will have access to Seed Investor rewards, plus
- First access to any exclusive events held throughout the year by Organic Genetics. Events may include seminars around medicinal cannabis education, panel evenings, and health and wellness events.
Harvest Investor $50,000+
- Harvest Investors will have access to Seed Investor and Sprout Investor rewards, plus
- Be part of an exclusive tour of our facilities (subject to security protocols and screening),
- Class A shares will be issued to investors who subscribe for a minimum of $100,000 shares. Class A shares are the same class as the shares issued to existing Organic Genetics Group Limited shareholders and include the right to vote in relation to any resolution of Organic Genetics shareholders.
Organic Genetics has always had a vision of building a strong community around us, people who believe in both the science and the quality of life that medicinal cannabis can provide. By opening our door to New Zealanders, we’re confident we can develop a strong network of individuals who all share the same passion for medicinal cannabis and for the success of Organic Genetics. By investing in Organic Genetics, you will be investing in our vision to change the scope of the medical industry here in New Zealand, and to provide safe, effective, and most importantly accessible medicinal cannabis products to those New Zealanders who really need them.
This is an industry with incredible market growth potential, not to mention the potential for huge economic growth for New Zealand and the ability to provide many new jobs and opportunities for New Zealand people. If you are interested in the opportunity to become a part of Organic Genetics’ journey please consider investing using the link below!
We are so excited to potentially welcome you all on board as shareholders once we reach our minimum target. We know there are so many like-minded people out there who all believe in the potential this industry can bring and who share our passion for the healing power of medicinal cannabis!
Let’s get GROWING together, Holly and Paul – Co-founders of Organic Genetics.